So pleased to have you in the club! Tonight is our first meeting so there will be a little housekeeping to take care of before we start. I am aslo using a new virtual conference software so I hope we don't expereince any technical mis-haps. These can happen at the best of times. Please call in early so we can sort out any problems there might be. I will be online from 7.45 to make sure we are ready to go by 8pm.
An important ground rule of this group is confidentiality. While none of you know each other, I am sure you would all appreciate that whatever is shared in tonights meeting is held in strict confidence. I certainly encourage you to network where you see some commonalities or ways to help each other, and that you seek to connect on LinkedIn, or via phone, or even in person.
While the goal is to keep you accountable in your search, we expect you to do the majority of work beyond this meeting. Our sessions will serve as a chance to connect and see what you have accomplished, and what questions you have.
For tonights call our goals are
1. For you to introduce yourself as if you were at a professional networking group. We want to hear your best pitch. This is your chance to practice and make mistakes, but it's also your chance to get it right.
2. For you to tell us your goals: Ie, What are you looking for? and where are you stuck.
3. To listen to one or two pressing Job Search questions you have this week. Email me your questions as soon as you can. I know that many of you are working and you won't be able to send me questions earlier.. but do what you can, there will be more thna enough time for you to come up with questions during the call. You'll also all be prompted to ask questions during the conversation. The call will be recorded and you'll receive soon after we are done.
During the call, the easiest way to reach me will be via text on my cell (203-613-1049) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I'll have access to both.
In case you do not have the meeting info : Here we go:
Toll / Intl #: +1 (201) 479-4595
Toll-Free #: N/A
Meeting Number: 22985503
Here are some questions to get you thinking about your GOALS the SMART way.
(S.M.A.R.T. goals: S= simple; M= manageable; A=attainable; R=relevant; T=time specific)
I am also including a few questions to get you thinking about how you want to envision your future.
1. List 3 things you would like to experience in the next 30/60/ 90 days:
2. Why are the above goals important to you?
3. Where would you like to be 1 year from now?(include money, professional, personal activities, time off, etc). do not worry about “how” it will be achieved, jut list your desires)
4. Where would like to be 5 years from now?(include money, professional, personal activities, time off, etc). do not worry about “how” it will be achieved, jut list your desires)
I look forward to helping you achieving your goals the SMART way!
See you later,