About Career Coaching
Career Coaching FAQ’s
What can a career counselor/coach do for me?
Your career counselor/coach works as your partner to accomplish your career and/or job goals. You can expect a professional and customized approach to meet your needs. I can assist you in:
- identifying your values, interests, and skills through the use of career assessment instruments
- investigating specific professions and/or industries
- planning and executing a job search campaign
- understanding how to optimize social media
- creating resumes and cover letters that open doors
- turning interviews into job offers
- achieving a promotion
- managing office politics, or
- working on difficult office relationships
What is the process?
Sessions can include in-person meetings, telephone conversations, Skype, Ichat and email. The process will depend on what you want to accomplish:
- Change jobs - the process will include an initial consultation, an effective resume, job search techniques, powerful interviewing skills, and negotiating strategies.
- Change careers - the process may begin with assessment and include research, networking, and goal clarification. Then you will be ready to work on changing jobs.
- Social Media- branding and job search techniques
- Career performance coaching - the process will be tailored to your specific situation. It begins with an initial consultation to identify your concerns, and then an action plan will be created to help you accomplish your goals.
- Entrepreneurial opportunities - includes identifying options including consulting, franchising, and buying or starting a business.
- Work on one career issue - such as preparing for an evaluation, achieving a promotion, improving your resume, developing a list of target companies, or interview preparation: the meetings will focus on that particular issue.
Do you work long distance?
Yes, I work nationally and internationally by phone, Skype, Ichat and email.
How do I choose a counselor?
Consider these questions in terms of what is important to you:
- What kind of help do you need - has the counselor/coach worked with this issue before?
- What relevant experience does the counselor have?
- What is the counselor’s process?
- Are you comfortable in the initial telephone conversation with the counselor/coach?
- To learn more about my background and unique credentials please click here.
How long will it take?
The number of meetings (in person or by telephone) will vary based on what you want to accomplish.
- One career issue: 1- 4 meetings
- Job change: 6-10 meetings
- Career change: 8-14 meetings
- Social Media coaching: 5- meetings
People are generally more successful if they work with a career counselor over time in an ongoing coaching arrangement.
How do I get started?
Please click the clock image to schedule a fifteen minute consultation to find out how I can help you move beyond your current impasse to your new career.